For homeowners or home builders who want the timeless look of carriage house doors, the insulation value of a stable polystyrene core, and the strength and practicality of pre-finished steel, General Doors Corporation offers a very cost-effective alternative in the beaded panel design of the Advantage Estate line of doors.
- Sandwich-type construction with 1-3/8’’ polystyrene insulation, pressure bonded between two skins of 26 gauge (.017) G60 steel
- Steel is rust-proofed with hot-dipped galvanizing, pre-painted on both sides with a primer, and finished with a top coat of baked-on polyester for an exterior paint thickness of 1.0 mil (1/1000 inch)
- The 3-layer construction provides a calculated insulation value of R-6.7, along with exceptional strength and substantial, solid feel during operation.
- Finely detailed wood grain surface with deeply embossed panels for sharp, well-defined appearance
- Beaded panel sizes of appropriate proportions and spacing ensure all door sizes have an authentic beaded panel look
- Unique center bead creates authentic old-time swinging door look
- Double tongue and groove joint for the tightest section fit possible
- It has a thermal break between steel skins.
- Heavy-duty hardware and commercial-grade 14-gauge full-leaf hinges are standard.
For more details, go here.