Insulating efficiency is an important consideration for most homeowners. Cedar Raised Panel doors offer many benefits in that regard. Unlike steel doors that can conduct heat and cold through the metal even when insulated, wood doors have a natural insulating value that can be enhanced by the addition of an optional insulation package. Additionally, wood doors can be easily fitted and weather-stripped in irregular openings, which is nearly impossible with steel doors. This is critical because most heat loss occurs by air infiltration around the perimeter of a door, not through it.
- 1-and-3/8-inch-thick select grade clear Hemlock stile and rail frame (no finger joints)
- All joints feature mortise and tenon construction and are glued and pinned together.
- Clear edge-glued Western Red Cedar raised panels(mixed grain, no knots) are treated with wood preservative before assembly.
- All rails exceed industry-standard: 5 inches for top and bottom, and 4-and-1/4-inch per pair for intermediates.
- Glazing is double strength clear glass.
- Grid patterns use true divided lites and 1-and-1/4-inch-wide window muntin bars.
- Cedar door stops are available and include a choice of white, brown, sandtone, or gray vinyl weather seals.
- Western Red Cedar has a natural resistance to decay, making it an ideal panel material. Cedar exhibits a wide variation in grain patterns and color, ranging from almost white to a medium brown. Panels may consist of several boards joined edge to edge, which improves quality and stability. Variations in appearance within a panel may be apparent when transparent stains or finishes are used.
For more details, go here.